Friday, November 15, 2013

Warm and toasty books

So now that it's starting to get cold around here, I am filled with the desire to read winter books and watch winter movies. I have a little compilation of a few books that just make me feel warm and cozy on those cold winter days.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern which I previously reviewed here. I still love it very much.


The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. I don't know why but this is a very winter-y book for me. 


The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. The name pretty much says it all, but it really is a magical winter book.


The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. This is just the perfect winter day book. 

My other winter book tradition is to just skip to the winter chapters in Harry Potter. Most of the time, nothing exciting or adventurous is happening, it's just classes and day to day life at Hogwarts. Which is why I love it. As much as I enjoy reading about all of Harry's adventures, what I absolutely love about the Harry Potter books are the simple life scenes, the classrooms, the homework, the hanging out with friends and there's a lot of that in the winter chapters. Also, I love the Yule Ball chapter in the Goblet of Fire. 

I know that there aren't very many on the list, but that is my mission this winter: to find more wintery books to read. If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment