Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Resolution Ramblings

So it's that time of year again, the resolutions, the "do more exercise, eat healthier" time of year again. If you're anything like me, you will do none of those two things. Especially in January. Whoever thought it was a good idea to make midterm exams the second to last week of January needs to seriously reconsider their life decisions.

The result of these exams and the teachers' last minute scramble to get a bunch of grades in is that I have not had time to do very much.

Even so, I think that 2014 is already shaping up to be a really good year. Here is why.

1. The 3rd series of Sherlock. If you haven't seen it: you must. If you don't watch Sherlock: you must. End of discussion.

2. I have fulfilled something of a childhood aspiration and now work in a library. That's right, I am librarian extraordinaire! Just kidding, I shelve books, but it's a start. I enjoy it. I can tell you that college selection books are in the 378. 93 part of the Dewey decimal system because I had to shelve at least 10 books there and they were all huge and heavy. And that 391 is the costumes-historical fashion part of the system. The more you know, eh?

3. I have raised my grade in both of my hardest classes (this matters, okay?).

4. I don't know, it just feels good.

So anyway, resolutions. I have a few. Okay, I have one, so far.

I want to read 100 books in 2014. That's a lot. I didn't realize how much that was until I realized that I barely have time to read a chapter every night, but that makes it an even more exciting challenge!

So far I have read Ask the Passengers by A.S King and I am nearly done Stardust by Neil Gaiman, which I am loving so far.

So there you are, a little update on what's been going on and why not much has been going on in this little part of the Internet.

What are your New Year's resolutions? (Be creative, I'm expecting more from you than the exercise, healthy eating and whatever else people decided to feel bad about not doing.)

What books are you looking forward to reading this year?

As always, leave your comments/opinions/answers in the comments below!

P.S. Did I mention that I have an Etsy? It's a little bare at the moment, but I will be restocking very soon! Click (here) to see it, or on the button at the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment