Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Knitterly

Hello!

So remember when I made a schedule for the books I would have to read? Well, we all know how I am with schedules.

I finished Eat, Pray, Love so that is something that I did manage to achieve.
I finished Gatsby as well, because apparently we were supposed to finish it two weeks ago, so I finished it the day it was due (not good, I know, but I remembered enough of it that I was able to keep an intelligent discussion going in class, so it all worked out).
However, I didn't read half of On The Road before started The Friday Night Knitting Club.
I don't know, I feel like I really have to be in the mood for On The Road because it's my dad's favorite book and I feel like it deserves more attention than I've been able to give it these last few weeks.

So, I read TFKC in about four or five days. It's such an easy, feel good book that I didn't want to stop reading it.

It's the story of many different people whose lives are all connected by the Friday Night Knitting Club, a group of people who gather in the knitting shop, Walker and Daughter, managed by Georgia Walker and her twelve-year-old daughter Dakota. It's full of little stories, and past issues that resurface, and basically it's the kind of book that is just right to read while knitting by the fire (which I did, thank you very much, I made a good portion of a scarf while reading this book). I just really liked this book. The writing isn't amazing, but it isn't bad either. It's easy to read. It's lighthearted (I feel like it shouldn't be, but I read it as such) and quirky and personable. There are some sad things that do happen (it wouldn't be very interesting if nothing bad happened), but everything works itself out somehow. 

I don't have much to say, this is a very short review, but you should read this book, it's a good fall book in my opinion. There's also a sequel and a Christmas story one, which I'm going to wait to read because I absolutely have to read On The Road.

That is all, have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment