Sunday, September 20, 2015

The one where I discover the magic of short stories

This summer I read, among others, a book named M Is For Magic by Neil Gaiman. It was a collection of short stories and I got it as a second thought, because I'm not usually a fan of short stories, but I figured why not?


It was so good. I couldn't even precisely tell you what I thought was so good about it, but it's the kind of book that you read before going to bed and you still have a small smile as you turn out the lights. It gives you funky dreams and keeps you saying "Just one more, they're short stories, it won't take long" and by that time you've read the whole book.

They're very sweet little tales, some are creepier in true Gaiman fashion, but there's one especially that is so precious. It's basically all the months of the year gathered around a campfire and sharing stories. There's very little in terms of description of their physical appearance and so a lot is left to the imagination. Leave it to Neil Gaiman to make you picture what April and August look like sitting around a campfire like kids at summer camp.

I would recommend this if you're looking for short little stories to read before going to bed without the commitment of reading a whole novel.

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment