Friday, September 27, 2013

Indecisions, talented people and emo-pop

So here is the explanation for the title.

I have many things to say.

I have had no time to say any of them.

So because I can't decide, here is a brief summary of all of them.

1. First and not relevant to anything, I got a Pandora station (a free custom radio station, which is awesome) and it keeps describing the music I listen to as "emo-pop" and I don't know how to feel about it. I also have Owl City and Taylor Swift (that I turned off, so that's not the emo-pop). Yeah, I have a wide range of taste in music.

2. I have managed to read two books in the last two weeks. You don't know how much of an achievement this is considering how awfully busy I have been! More on that later, but I read Paper Towns by John Green and The Book of Fred by Abby Bardi.

3. My friend Addie over at A Functionally Messy blog introduced me to a website called Figment that you can discover by clicking here. I absolutely love it.

4. I have joined an after-school literary magazine and my god, you wouldn't believe the level of writing talent that some people have! We had about 45 minutes to write something, anything, using at least six of the words that we had all written up on the board (our favorite word, in any language we wanted and of course, someone wrote a beautiful word in Icelandic and we just kept pestering him to know how it was pronounced). I wrote a short story (that I had to read out loud, which meant that I stressed myself out so much I couldn't breathe. I have trouble sharing what I write, let alone reading it out loud!) A few people wrote poems that just left us all breathless. They were absolutely fantastic, well written and powerful. It was a great moment.

5. I'm sure I have something else to say... Maybe not. You may have noticed that I like lists. There are lists posted everywhere in my room, my notebooks, everywhere. My brain just works by lists.

As for the books I read, I will be posting reviews soon! And the series series I promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment