Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Future Reads and Current Listenings

Alaska Young in the book Looking for Alaska by John Green (which you should definitely read if you haven't, go read it now...) has a library. She has a Life Library in fact, filled with books that she has not yet read, filled with books that she picked up at garage sales because they looked interesting. I do not have a Life Library, mostly because I do not have the space in my humble abode, but I do love the concept. I like the idea that there is an infinite choice of books in the world, enough for three lifetimes in one language, and millions as soon as you master other languages. It's a concept that blows my mind. It also makes me a little bittersweet because no matter how hard I try or how much I read, I will never read all the books in the world and some stories will remain unknown to me.

But I can sure give it a shot.

So here is my list of books to read next, as it stands now. It is often subject to change, and is entirely based off of books that I have been told I need to read and books that sounded cool.

  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I just started this one)
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
So there you are. I think I'm covered for a while more.

Since this turning out to be a lists post, have some music (click on the title to listen to the song):


P.S. You know what's great? Wednesday is over. Finally.


No comments:

Post a Comment