Friday, June 21, 2013

Based on a cover

I finished Sherlock Holmes Volume I and will eventually start Volume II. I won't review it because I absolutely loved it and my review would be completely pointless. It was clever, well paced, interesting, funny at times, generally wonderful. Also, very useful in impressing people.

"What's that huge book you're reading? Oh the complete novels and short stories of Sherlock Holmes? That's pretty amazing for someone your age." Feel free to bow and tip your deerstalker hat to those people.

I have started to read Wildwood by Colin Meloy. I will admit that I was completely smitten with the cover and that that's the main reason why I bought it in the first place. It's gorgeous.


I mean look at it. How could I not buy it? And the book is very thick and the pages are uneven and it smells just like a book should. As for the story inside the book, I'll keep you updated on that because I've only read a few chapters so far.

This is a funny contrast, I just realized. I finished a literary classic and have now begun reading a kid's book. My book tastes are kind of all over the place, aren't they? For the record, my two favorite genres are epic fantasy and dystopian. I'll probably write a whole post about why I love those, but that's a story for another day. 

Also, no matter how unnecessary this may be, I will share a few words of wisdom with you. If you're like me, you're terrible at remembering a good joke (or any joke for that matter). I have two jokes that I can remember. One is a blonde joke (And before you get all offended, I'm blonde, so it's funny. Also, I indirectly learned it from Richard Armitage, so there.) and the other is a nerd joke. Here it is for your convenience.

An elf walked into a bar. The hobbit laughed and walked under it.

You're welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment