Monday, June 3, 2013

Poetry and stuff

Look at you getting two posts in one day, you lucky duck.

Anyway, I wrote a thing for English class because we had a to write a Shakespearan (I'm 98.45% sure that's how you spell it) sonnet about whatever we wanted. I originally started writing this whole thing about me riding my dragon to school (don't worry, my teacher's used to my strange stories by now) but that ended up not working so I trashed it and started another one when I got home.

I can't write good when I'm at school (joke, that was a joke, I know that it's "write WELL" but I'm trying to make a point here) and when I get home it's like I'm hit by the Shakespearan bolt of freaking lightning or something, and I can write a sonnet with at least four literary devices, thank you very much.

Here it is, don't yell at me if it's rubbish, because I consider myself to be more of a story writer (I feel like saying novelist is a little pretentious considering the amount of novels I've published; zero being the exact amount). If you have any constructive criticism, however, feel free to leave it in the comments, as I am on a constant mission to improve my writing regardless of its form.

Once upon a midnight moon, I dreamt a dream of a book.
Its pages, its spine, its cover, its smell.
From the thin sheets, magical words I shook.
The tale of a king and a broken bell,
The adventures of a little faery,
Perhaps even the story of a bird,
Or the known tale of a boy named Harry.
Who knows what I will find beneath a word?
You need only to turn a page to find
The small hidden corners of a new world.
A castle? A star? A beast of strange kind?
So go ahead, with your ship's flag unfurled
Sail the seas of a brand new universe.
Let's go and let reality disperse.

Yup.
I'm not sure how much sense it makes, but oh well.

Also maybe I should mention (because this is the Internet and you have to state the obvious sometimes), please don't copy and paste this poem and turn it in as your homework. First off, I'm not sure how good of a grade it'll get, second, you can certainly write something yourself and third, well, it's mine. Duh. Don't steal my stuff.

If you do want to use it for whatever reason, ask me, or just give me credit for it by linking back to this blog. This applies to all my writing henceforth. *looks up the word henceforth* Yes, henceforth.

That was more serious than I wanted, but please don't ignore it.

Here, have a puppy.




2 comments: