Thursday, December 5, 2013

Updates and things! (lots of music)


Time for an update, I think.

All righty then, this will be a really eclectic post. I will throw information at you and in between, I will give you links to songs that I have been listening to non-stop, deal? I tried to keep the songs in a sort of theme and not too all over the place. Just click on the name and be whisked away to musical paradise.


2. I've finally picked up a book again! It's been so long! (I'm so ashamed, it's been a good three months since I haven't read for fun.) I actually had a list of books that I wanted to read and I went to the library, so I tried to find them. They had one that I was looking for, and I got two others that I hadn't planned on borrowing.


4. These books include: The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King, An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente. So far, I have read the first and half of the second and have enjoyed both tremendously.


6. I may review The Dust of 100 Dogs soon, because I really liked it and highly recommend it. There are pirates. And 17th century Ireland. And modern-day Pennsylvania.


8. I went to see a show yesterday called Nerds: Bill and Steve's Excellent Adventures. It was fantastic! I absolutely loved it. My friend invited me to the opening night and it was incredible. The show was actually written and first put on in 2007, and did very well, but then stopped showing. It was re-written to accomodate the progression of technology since then and yesterday was the first time it has been put on since. The show is about Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, and their evolution and rivalry since the 70's. It was hilarious, brilliantly written and very well cast. The actors did a phenomenal job and the music was just... I loved it. If you have the opportunity to see it, you definitely should. (We also got great - albeit useless glasses - and got to meet the cast, which was amazing.)


10. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green is slowly becoming my second favorite John Green book. The Fault in Our Stars (and probably always will be) my favorite, then An Abundance of Katherines, Looking For Alaska and finally Paper Towns. 


12. We're reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger in English class. As it has been stated several times by famous people that I admire as being their favorite book, and as it has appeared on every single list of "100 books every young adult should read", I'm excited to see what it is. We've only read a few chapters, so I'll keep you updated. I like it so far.


14. I've run out of things to update you on, so I'll comment on the weather. It's getting cold, just in time for the holidays, and rather wet, so I'm hoping for some snow for Christmas. I always hope for snow on Christmas. It's happened maybe once in the last nine years.


And that's it!

Since we're having a very music-y post, here are a few more titles (that didn't necessarily fit with this list).


No comments:

Post a Comment